Dermal fillers are a popular treatment option for many people who want to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and other aging signs. Hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance in the skin, is used to make dermal fillers.
This substance can be injected into the skin as a non-invasive treatment to fill in wrinkles and fine lines. It can also add volume to areas like the cheeks and lips, making the face appear more youthful.
Dermal fillers can give you immediate results with little downtime. Furthermore, depending on the type of filler used and the areas injected, the results can last up to a year or longer.
If you’re looking for dermal fillers in Royal Palm Beach, FL, here’s a rundown of the various types and how they work.
What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers, also known as facial fillers or injectables, are a popular cosmetic treatment used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles, create volume, and enhance facial features.
These treatments involve injecting a substance into the skin to instantly restore fullness, reduce severe facial wrinkles, and plump up areas of the face that have lost volume due to aging.
Injectable dermal fillers can also improve the appearance of scars and correct facial asymmetries.
Different Types of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are usually composed of substances naturally found in the skin, such as hyaluronic acid or collagen. There are injectable treatments on the market today, each of which has benefits and uses.
Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance found in the body that helps to keep skin hydrated and plump. It is commonly used to reduce the appearance of smile lines and fill out hollow areas such as the cheeks.
Collagen is a protein in the skin that gives it structure and strength. It is used to fill deeper wrinkles, replace lost volume, and create a smoother overall appearance.
Calcium hydroxylapatite is a filler composed of calcium particles suspended in a gel-like solution. It is generally used for more drastic facial reshaping and augmentation and for restoring lost volume.
Poly-L-lactic acid is a synthetic material made from sugar derivatives. It is often used to stimulate collagen production to improve skin texture and tone and reduce wrinkles.
Autologous Fat Transfer
Autologous fat transfer involves removing fat from one body area and transferring it to another. It can plump the lips, cheeks, and other areas of the face.
Sculptra is a poly-L-lactic acid filler designed to improve facial contours and correct deep wrinkles. It can also improve acne scars and other types of scarring.
These are just some of the different types of dermal fillers available. Your doctor can advise you on the best style for your individual needs.
Benefits of Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are an excellent choice for many people looking to enhance their appearance without surgery. They can reduce wrinkles, improve facial contours, add volume to sunken areas, and help create a more youthful appearance. Here are some of the main benefits of dermal fillers:
Quick and Non-Invasive Treatment
Dermal fillers have a little downtime, and treatments last less than an hour. The majority of patients experience mild discomfort during cosmetic procedures, which is typically relieved with a topical numbing cream.
Depending on the type of filler used, the results could last up to two years or longer. Dermal fillers are ideal for those who want to make a subtle change or maintain their appearance.
If you’re dissatisfied with your results or no longer want them, you can have them dissolved. It is much less invasive than other treatments, which may require another surgery to reverse any changes made.
Safe and Effective
Dermal fillers have been approved by the FDA after extensive research and testing that proved safe and effective.
Improved Skin Health
Dermal fillers can help improve skin health by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, two essential components of skin health. This can lead to facial rejuvenation, increased skin elasticity, and a smoother skin texture.
Potential Risks Associated With Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are generally considered safe, but there is some risk involved, as with any cosmetic procedure. The following are some of the most common risks associated with dermal fillers:
- Injection-related reactions: You may experience swelling, redness, and bruising around the injection site after receiving a dermal filler injection.
- Migration of filler: The injected filler may migrate away from the targeted area in some cases. This may result in lumps or bumps in other areas of your face.
- Nerve damage: It can cause numbness, tingling, and weakness in the affected area, which can be temporary or permanent.
- Allergic reaction: You may experience redness, itching, or swelling at the injection site if you are allergic to the dermal filler material. In rare cases, you may experience hives or anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction).
- Skin discoloration: Dermal fillers can cause skin discoloration in the treated area. This can happen if the filler is injected too close to the surface of your skin or unevenly.
- Infection: Infection at the injection site is a risk with any injection. To reduce your risk of infection, make sure to follow your doctor’s instructions for cleaning up the area after the procedure.
We Can Help You Restore Your Youthful Skin in Royal Palm Beach, FL
When considering dermal fillers, it is critical to consult with a qualified medical professional to ensure that the filler is appropriate for you.
Galiderm Aesthetics Clinic offers comprehensive assessments to determine which dermal fillers are best suited to your needs. We also offer the following services:
- Botox: to smooth out your fine lines and wrinkles
- Fillers: to restore lost volume for a more refreshed kook
- Kybella: to get rid of stubborn chin fat cells and improve your appearance
- Micro-needling: for brighter, tighter skin.
Contact Galiderm Aesthetics in Royal Palm Beach, FL, at 561-336-0094 to book an appointment today.